I sincerely hope you found this newsletter helpful and that you have been inspired to explore more! To keep away the winter chill, try Michelle’s lovely soup recipe below – it is bursting with goodness and taste!
We would love to hear your comments – sign up and let us know what you think!
Until next month.
MICHELLE’S WINTER DETOX SOUP RECIPE
· 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
· 3 leeks, diced
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 celery stalks with leaves, diced
· 3 medium carrots, diced
· 1 small head of broccoli, broken into florets
· 1 cup chopped courgettes
· 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
· 1 teaspoon turmeric
· 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
· himalayan salt and black pepper, to taste
· 6 cups water or 4 cups vegetable broth, plus 2 cups water
· 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and torn in pieces
· 1 cup purple cabbage, finely shredded
· Juice from 1/2 of a small lemon
1. In a large pot, add the water or vegetable broth and turn on the heat to medium-high. After it’s hot, add the leeks and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery, carrots, broccoli, courgettes, and fresh ginger.
2. Stir and cook for 3 minutes, adding in extra water or broth as needed. Stir in the turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper, plus salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add in the water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
4. Add in the kale, cabbage, and lemon juice near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering, then remove from heat and serve.